We all had lunch and then as I was taking the girls to the bathroom, who did I bump into? My Uncle David, who was married to my Dad's sister Anna until she died of lung cancer in 2006. Mom and Dad had a nice chat with him, and then after we were finished in the bathroom, I was able to introduce him to my girls and chat for a few minutes. It was such a happy coincidence to bump into him and his new wife.
Thankfully the rain cleared up and we went for a little walk around Niagara-on-the-Lake. It is as beautiful and touristy as ever. Mom bought some jam or relish (maybe both) for Dad from Greaves, and after a few minutes in the park and a few pictures in front of Anna and David's old place, we set off for the falls.
These pictures are of the rectory which Anna and David lived in for quite a few years. They leased it from the historical society for ten years or so. They had moved into a newer condo not long before Anna got really sick - or perhaps while she was sick, I don't remember. I think Dad got a little choked up when I took the picture of he and Mom. He loved his sister Anna very much. I think he was closer to her than anyone else? She was the oldest, and Dad lived on the 3rd floor of her house in Toronto for many years as an adult.
We've driven past the falls, but I don't think that we've ever taken the girls out of the van - it's so expensive to park! As it was, we were still really far from the falls. We could see the Maid of the Mist boats pulling in and out of their dock, but we couldn't feel the mist from the falls. Kate, Alice, Fiona and I climbed up to the top of a look out, and then Kate asked where there were more falls. Perhaps the grandeur will come later?
It was a fun day. After the falls the girls and I stopped and had subs in St. Catharine's and then we were home. This was the last outing for us with Wendy and Ray before they leave Saturday. It's been wonderful so far, and I can't believe it's already over!
1 comment:
It was a bit damp at the falls but it was a fun day and we all had an enjoyable time.I see what you mean about capturing the actual 'push'!!
Post a Comment