Today was art appreciation day! It was cool and a little rainy, but I was still excited to go to the McMichael Gallery thinking we might enjoy the art inside, and the art outside. I was excited for the girls to go again - it's been two years, I was excited for the play area, and I was excited about taking a picture of Fiona in the window like her sister's before her.
I'm not sure why it worked out the way it did, but each time we've gone the "baby" has been about 15 months. I feel like re-posting the pics of Kate and Alice, so what the heck! Here they are.
Kate - March 2010
Alice - May 2012
Fiona - today
That was fun! So this was again an entire family affair, Andrew, Rayna, Mom, Dad, Wendy, Ray and us - Ken too this time! Dad got a wheelchair which was good and off we went. The group of seven art work, it is home to me. I love the McMichael Gallery, the layout, the setting, the art. Today was a lovely trip, until Kate and I rounded the corner to go to the play area... and it was gone.
I chatted to one of the attendants for a while. It sounds like most people who work on the floor don't understand why the area is gone. It was an office decision that isn't agreed with. She encouraged me to leave a comment, and so I did. I was so sad. The girls were sad. We still had a fun day, but with the cool weather and the loss of the play area, I was dampened a little!
I took a few pictures, but not too many. But the best part of today was that Wendy and Ray came home with us for a sleep over. They're coming to church with us tomorrow too. It was so fun listening to Wendy read Paddington Bear to the girls. Paddington Bear should be read with an English accent. Wendy brought more books for the girls. We love books in this house. I'm so happy that I will be able to read the books she brought after she's gone and feel like part of her is still here.
1 comment:
Loving all the pictures, so fun to see the ones of Kate and Alice when they were the same age as Fiona.And your comments - you're so kind and sweet - I really feel so appreciated. We did have a lovely weekend didn't we!
Post a Comment