Monday, September 01, 2014

Labour Day

Today was a great day!  (We'll talk about the evening later...)  We had a fun BBQ with the Lim-Andersons.  It was Emily's due date today.  I'm excited to meet their new little girl and I hope she gives her Mom an easy time making her entry into this world!  The kids had fun, the adults had fun, the food was great, it was great!

Next up was a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's and a swim.  We had so much fun as a family swimming in the pool.  The girls love the water.  Kate wouldn't take off her life jacket at all today.  A few weeks ago she swam a little without her life jacket.  I know she'll do it again when she's ready - whenever that is!  Alice tried to swim without her floaties.  She sank.  I was right beside her so she was rescued instantly.  We celebrated her bravery, and put the arm bands back on!  Fiona would like to try swimming, but I didn't let go of her.  She just loves the water.  After our swim we had a yummy dinner and the girls played.  We left after dinner, I suppose we could have left sooner, but we didn't do too badly.

When we came home we had snack, and read a story.  Then Ken gave the girls blessings for their new school year. 

Kate was blessed:
- to show others that she follows Jesus by the way she treats them
- to be a good example
- to always choose the right
- to understand the things she learns
- with health - that she won't get sick this year, and if she does it won't be a lengthy illness

Alice was blessed:
- to have understanding of her teachers - that there are lots of kids in the class
- that she won't be sad
- that she'll do good things.

Kate might have had a tantrum after that.  She might have been really upset about her privacy (about singing songs and being caught singing to herself on the couch in the middle of the family room).  It might have been a really random, crazy meltdown.  It might have been because she's been so excited all day.  She might have gotten to sleep a little late tonight.  She might have cried a lot before she went to sleep.  I really hope that she has a wonderful day tomorrow. 

I'm so grateful for the wonderful summer that I've had with my girls, and with Ken and with my friends and my family.  I'm so grateful for the blessings the gospel of Jesus Christ brings to my life.  I'm grateful for a wonderful husband that blesses my life and the lives of my children.  I'm grateful to be a wife and a mother.  I'm so grateful to be home.

No comments: