Monday, September 29, 2014

I Love Being a Mom

 I pulled Alice into my lap to cuddle her.  Alice looked up at me and asked, "How much do you love me?"

I answered, "I love you more than you'll ever know." She whispered my answer back with wide wonder filled eyes.  Then I told her that when she has a baby of her own she'll know.

"Will you love my baby?"

"Yes."

"Will I still live with you when I have a baby?"

"Probably not.  You'll probably want to live on your own with your husband."

"No I won't.  But I have to be a teenager first, then I can be a grown-up. But I can't be a teenager yet because I still have pre-school."

Pause

"Mom, are you having another baby?"

"Why are you asking that?"

"Because I want a brother."

"I'm sorry, you're not going to have a brother."

"But I really want a brother."


No comments: