Saturday, September 20, 2014

Parties and Goodbye

Yesterday I was the duty Mom at pre-school with Alice.  Being the duty Mom wasn't too bad this time - the last time I was the duty Mom was when I was 8.5 months pregnant with Fiona.  Alice is really enjoying preschool and I'm so glad.  My sweet friend Michelle looked after Fiona this morning. 
Today was party day.  Alice was invited to Claire's birthday, Kate was invited to Abby's, and then we hosted a goodbye dinner party - okay not really, but we did have Mom, Dad, Wendy and Ray over for dinner before they left to go to the airport. 

Alice and Claire are buddies.  They are really cute in nursery.  Fiona and I accompanied Alice to the party.













Ken dropped Kate off for her party - no pictures of course.  The girls had fun.  Or at least Kate said she had fun even though there were some social difficulties.  Next on the agenda was clean up and get ready for dinner.  Ken made burgers and grilled veggies.  We had a lovely time hanging out.  Wendy brought more books for the girls, and had one final story time.

And just like that it was time for hugs and goodbyes.  I don't like goodbyes.  Who does?  I really don't like goodbye when you're not sure of the next hello.  But, I will instead be grateful for the hello in the first place.  We did so much, and I saw Wendy and Ray so much.  I really had such a lovely time.  It has been such a wonderful three months of family visits.  I feel so very blessed to be part of such a wonderful, loving family. 

I have thought of the lyric from one of the primary songs over and over again the last little while.  "God gave us families, to help us become what he wants us to be.  This is how he shares his love, for the family is of God."  I am so grateful for my family, and who they help me to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We enjoyed scrumptious homemade burgers and delicious BBQ'd turnip chips!Thanks again Ken for being a great cook - you're one in a million and Wendy is very lucky to be married to a chef. xx