Every year I think, will this be the last one? When will being birthday friends cease to be enough?! (I suppose this isn't entirely accurate - we do see Cooper more than once a year!) The August before Cooper was born we went for his shower - I was pregnant with Kate and no one knew. Now, every September - usually the last Saturday - we head to Keswick for COOPER FUN! Shawn throws the best parties. The girls have such a great time. I think Shawn must be relieved that we're done at three kids. We've increased the population of the party!
This year the theme was Lego. Shawn tried to encourage a ninja theme because all the kids are doing Lego, but Cooper could not be swayed, so Lego it was. This was our first Lego party, and I don't know what is done at other Lego parties, but this one was AWESOME!! I took lots of pics and just generally enjoyed myself - we all did.
I think my favourite thing that Shawn did was the t-shirts. She sewed a yellow lego head onto black shirts, then she had sharpies so the kids could create their very own Lego face. She actually finished Fiona's during the party, and then advised me to let Fiona design her own face, and I'm so glad I did. Oh and one other note - in the pictures is Shawn's brother Benjamin. His Lego self-portrait was too awesome not to record for posterity!
After the party we headed south and found the 404 extension - who knew the 404 now goes all the way to Keswick?! It was awesome. Then Alice wanted to eat rice cakes in a field?! Totally random, but that's Alice. So I made a spur of the moment decision when we were driving and we went to Kettleby. I knew there was a grassy area, but I had no idea how awesome it was. Not only did Alice get to eat rice cakes in a field, and in a tree, Kate got to realize her life-long dream (or at least her summer dream) of climbing a tree.
Oh and in case I forget, the theme song from the Lego movie is Everything is Awesome. And today, everything was awesome. I finished today by watching the women's conference, online in the basement. A great day from beginning to end!
No comments:
Post a Comment