Reluctant. That's me, not Alice. I don't want to send her away to Pre-School. I want to keep her home with me forever! Seriously though, I have asked Ken once or twice, why we need to send her. I even asked him to explain it to me. Ken really feels strongly that this will be good for her. I struggle with that. Why is sending her away from me good for her? She's only 3 1/2.
BUT! I know she'll learn things. She'll learn to be brave. She'll learn to play nicely. She'll learn more about her ABCs. She'll play and have fun and sing songs. I will miss her, but she'll be okay and I will be too.
She didn't have a good night sleep last night and was a little out of sorts this morning. Ken had to talk her into going to school. (Last night she was super excited.) When I dropped her off she hugged me and smiled. She was a little concerned about the kid who was crying, but otherwise, she did really well.
When I picked her up she was good. Mrs. Jandl, her teacher told me that she didn't like to be told what to do. I found out later from Alice that she cried when it was story time because she didn't want it to be story time. She added that she cried but then her eyes got dryer and dryer. She is excited to go again on Monday.
Happy first day of pre-school Alice! I love you my sweet, crazy monkey!
Oh, and here is her art from her first day. Blue, from Blue's Clues and a painting made from driving a car!
No comments:
Post a Comment