So I realized tonight that I forgot. I forgot to take the special posed shot on Fiona's day. BUT we went to the zoo and I took lots of shots of my sweet Fiona!
Fiona and words, being vocal really. That is what stands out to me this month. She of course doesn't have very many fully formed words - I think Mom - ma and Dad - da are the only ones that really sound like the actual word. She kind of says outside (ow-sah), upstairs (uh-seh) and this last week I've noticed she says "I-ees" which is Alice. (I remember Thomas saying his brother's names - so cute! Fiona loves her sisters.) I love watching them - when they play nicely of course! Fiona is also a bit of a yeller these days. One day at the end of August we were at friends. I called out to Kate and Alice to say "five more minutes" and Fiona walked up behind me and kind of yelled to her sisters. It was cute! She is such a person now, her own person. She is little, but she wants to play with her sisters. She wants to be there right in the middle of the action. She had so much fun today walking around looking at animals with her sisters and growling most of the time!
So as well as celebrating 15 months... (oops), we had a great little trip to the zoo. Today was going to be about the Americas and specifically the flamingos, to this we threw in the kids area and Eurasia - to see the Komodo Dragon, and it was good times had by all. There were also two really fun firsts - Fiona's first time on the carousel, and Kate's first ride on a camel!
We got in the car and we needed to feed the girls. We'd brought food with us, but it wasn't enough and everyone was very hungry. Our first stop was Whittamore's Farm for some produce and a treat. I was thinking we could eat ice cream. In retrospect, I'm not sure why when they didn't really have a proper lunch, I though ice cream was a good solution?! Oh well. It all worked out though. The girls got cookies, we bought some lovely produce and we hopped back in the van, drove east and then north. We drove up to Stouffville. We had dinner at the Fickle Pickle, played in the fountain, played in the park, went to Tim Horton's, No Frills, and then drove home.
On the drive home, we lost Kate and Fiona quickly, but Alice who had napped on the way to the zoo hung on until we got home, but then all three girls were asleep. We had a long, lovely, full day! Ken and I love Saturdays. We love them. We love spending time with our family. We are so blessed to have three wonderful girls. Life is good.
**OH and one more thing. We'd been to Stouffville before, had a funny meal in a deli type place, and Kate played in a fountain - June 12 2010

No comments:
Post a Comment