Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Terry Fox Walk

This year Kate walked for Ally again. In April (at least I think it was April), Ally was cancer free.  We were so excited for Ally and her family.  This summer they received devastating news, the cancer was back, and Ally would need a bone marrow transplant.  We had stopped our daily prayers for Ally and her family, but we started up again.  We were all very excited for Kate to participate in the Terry Fox walk.  It was a beautiful day and parents were invited to come watch.
Alice, Fiona and I walked over and sat on the little bridge and waited.  Kate and the rest of the kindergarten kids all came out and started running/walking around the track.  After an invitation from one of the educational assistants, Alice did a lap with Kate.  Fiona even walked a bit.  I love these opportunities to have the girls do something for someone else, even a simple thing like walking around the track.  Kate did three laps.  She was really proud of herself, and we were proud of her too!





 

No comments: