The last week of summer, and the week after seeing my sister - not a great combination! I thought perhaps I wanted to have something planned with friends every day of this week, to keep me from being blue, but as it turned out, I didn't really feel like doing much of anything Monday or Tuesday, so we didn't do much. Monday was an around the house day, and Tuesday was a park and library day. (Kate is working on her 100 book reading challenge still.) I didn't take any pictures the first few days, but Alice took a few with my phone... this was the best one she took!
Wednesday I had a doctor appointment. I hadn't had a physical since before Kate was born, so it was time. And I had to get my medical form signed so I can be a duty mom at preschool. I dropped the girls off at Grandma and Grandpa's, went to my appointment and then came back for a visit.
Thursday was Ciaran and Zorana day! We agreed to meet at High Park, go to the zoo, picnic and play at the park. And that is just what we did, with some ice cream thrown in for good measure! I always love visiting with Zorana and even though it is disjointed with the many interruptions from our children, we still have lots of fun. The zoo was smaller than I thought, but still enjoyable. I think I enjoyed the picnic the most. Zorana brought bubbles and the kids all ran around and played. The park was scary. There were so many kids and so many places for our kids to "hide". The park is awesome, all of these castles, but when you can't see your child, it is unsettling!
The best part was the exchange between Kate and Ciaran when we were leaving.
Zorana: Kisses and hugs, it's time to say goodbye.
Kate: No kisses, kisses are gross.
(Kate and Ciaran hug.)
Kate: I think I'm going to marry you.
Ciaran: Kisses are part of marriage.
Friday was Tottenham friend fun. We had lunch and played at Caroline's house. Elijah, Annabella, Marisol, Amelie, Kate, and Alice all had lots of fun playing together. Fiona tried to figure out where she fit in, but had a good time anyway. The kids went swimming, Caroline, Michelle and I lunched. It was beautiful and a very pleasant way to spend the day.
And just like that it's labour day weekend and the summer is over. I'm so not ready to send Kate to school, or Alice for that matter! I have had such an amazing summer with my family! I am truly blessed.






No comments:
Post a Comment