Kate had to go to school today - even if it was only for a few hours. She started her new class today and so far everything is just fine. I picked her up before her lunch and we drove to meet everyone in Scarborough.
Our first stop was the Rosetta Mcclain Gardens. It is such a beautiful area. We had a lovely time walking around and looking at all the beautiful flowers. I think it was Rayna who found a Monarch butterfly with a damaged wing. Both Kate and Rayna were so fascinated by it, and both held it so gently and sweetly. Together they moved it to a safer place where it would quietly expire. I think that the thing I enjoyed the most about our trip was that it was somewhere my Dad and Mom had never been.
It seemed like it was going to rain, and then it didn't, so off we went down to the Bluffs. Dad came out a little ways, but then the sand got to deep for him and his walker. Fiona and I hung back with him for a little bit, but then I felt that I needed to be closer to the bigger girls. We had fun taking pictures and playing in the sand. Kate was a monkey.
She loves playing in the sand. It was a little chilly today, but that didn't stop her from taking off her boots and socks. Sadly, not before she walked into the water with her socks on. Then she took her socks of and flung them. She made sand angels, and the kicker (or straw) was when she took her boot into the lake and filled it up with lake water. It's a good thing we were in public, and that I was surrounded by people. ARGH! I can laugh now, but at the time I wanted to...
After all the fun we headed back to Mom and Dad's. Rayna and Andrew picked up their favourite Middle Eastern food and we feasted. It poured with rain on the drive and while we were at Mom and Dad's. I'm so glad the weather held, and I'm so enjoying all this time with family! I love my family!
1 comment:
The gardens were pretty and it was great seeing a giant butterfly. I really enjoyed haveing Andrew and Rayna with us too. they are such a fun couple and I love those red gloves Rayna. Ray and I also loved the Middle Eastern feast.
Post a Comment