Sunday, August 30, 2015

Seneca Falls Fun

Saturday and Sunday with Heidi and Todd and their wonderful girls.  Is there are better way to spend two days (well, two and a half if you count Friday night)?  I don't think so!  I've been feeling anxious and sad this week.  Confused about life.  I like my job.  I do.  I wish I didn't want to stay home.  I wish I wanted to work outside the home - well, I do, but not full time.  I so wish it was easier for Moms to stay home while their kids are little, and I wish it was easier to work part time.

Anyway, I really needed some Heidi time.  And it really was the best medicine.  Friendship is such a blessing, and such a dear long time friend, a treasure - all those sappy quotes that you read are true!  I'm so glad we went to visit this weekend.  It was quick - museum Friday, Saturday with the Egans - they were building garden beds in the front - Ken helped, I watched the kids (kind of), I guess I made lunch and did reading for school.  Saturday night we went out for a lovely dinner, without the children.  Sunday we went to church and then drove home, well, we didn't drive straight home...

We don't shop or go out to restaurants on Sundays, and I suppose I feel a little guilty, because we could have packed a lunch for today, but we didn't.  After church we went to this diner in Waterloo - Connie's diner.  It was so, so good.  And then we drove home.  Back to real life.  Back to getting ready for school, of trying to keep it together and enjoy the last week with my ladies.

Thank you Heidi for being such a constant ray of sunshine in my life.  The blessing of you is one I am very grateful for!

Oh, and another funny note - we had a fire drill at church today - in the middle of Sunday School/Primary.  The fire department and the sheriff's department came.  The building was fine, but no one knew how to shut off the alarm.  Church ending early every once in a while... not such a bad thing!  He he.

Oh and another thing... Todd spoke today as a member of the Mission Presidency.  The Mission President spoke as well.  I really, really enjoyed Todd's talk.  It spoke peace to my soul.  Sitting in sacrament meeting, it felt like the whole reason we came this weekend was so that I could listen to the words of his talk.  I felt loved by my Heavenly Father.  I felt comforted.  And I felt so thankful. 

Life is good.  Life is wonderful.  I am truly blessed!