When was it that we decided to go to the Falls? I can't remember? Maybe on Wednesday? Anyway, there was talk of canoeing at one point, but we had a beach day in Barrie, and the Falls seemed like a fun idea. We all met at the fast food place off the QEW in Niagara on the Lake. We had lunch and then we drove to the Falls, and then around the Falls, and up and down side streets, and then eventually we finally made it to a parking spot, and then we all finally met up together... seriously, three mini vans and twelve people is a lot to navigate with!
Mom and Dad made their way down to the falls from the parking lot across the street. Dad took lots of breaks. We tried to get a wheel chair, but sadly they had all been borrowed already. We chatted, looked at the falls, and then Mom and Dad went back to the car and went home. It's good that Mom likes to go for drives. I'm not honestly sure how Dad is sometimes. Is he in pain? Is he frustrated? He doesn't complain. He does his thing, and just keeps going. He inspires me.
After saying goodbye to Mom and Dad we decided to walk to the Ferris Wheel. I really, really wanted to go on. We stopped along the way to take some silly pictures.
The girls (and some nameless preteen boys) were very excited to see Taylor Swift outside the wax museum.
I loved the Ferris Wheel. It was a really smooth ride and it provided an awesome view of the Falls. I'm so glad we went. I think I look excited in the picture Suzanne took!
Yep, just a little excited!
After the Ferris Wheel we went to the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner. My girls love that place, but the food, oh why it has to be so terrible is beyond me. In any case it is over priced, but fun. Sort of.
Next up the Horatio Hornblower - formerly the Maid of the Mist. I wasn't going to go on with my little girls, but when I realized that I only had to pay for Kate and myself, I thought, why not! So on we went! It was fun. I took Fiona down below when it started to get wet, but everyone else stayed outside. I think everyone loved it.
Oh, and I don't know exactly why I felt I needed these, but I felt like I couldn't walk away from them! So here they are - the stand in front of a green screen take a group shot money grab - pictures!
The drive home was delayed by having to nurse Fiona for a LONG time. Suzanne actually beat us home and she had to drive Andrew to Mom and Dad's first. It was a long day, but such a FUN day!











No comments:
Post a Comment