Tuesday, August 18, 2015

OEYC Programs

I can't remember when I met Debra, I know it was when Kate was a baby, but that's about all I remember.  She ran the Mother Goose class in Alliston - a weekly session with baby, singing songs and rhymes, and she ran (and continues to run) the outreach programs in Beeton and Tottenham.  Twice a month she brings toys, puzzles and playdough, we sing songs in circle time, and then we read a story and do a craft.

I love all the ladies that work in the Early Years Centre in Alliston, but Debra has a special place in my heart.  It's funny because I have chatted with other moms, but never really made any real friends through the program, but I've always enjoyed talking to Debra.  To be reassured about the job you're doing as a mom, to be able to ask questions, or just whine a little and share a laugh - it's lovely.  

The girls all enjoy going, and we probably have another year, maybe, (the program is for 6 and under - Kate's still young at heart) but of course I'll be back at work full time, and there are no more maternity leaves in the future, so who knows when we we'll get to enjoy circle time again.  I'm so grateful for this government program.  I always tell new moms to check out the early years centre near them - if they don't know about them.

Thank you Debra for your care and concern, for sharing a laugh, and for being an important part of my young family's life.




No comments: