Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Bates! - Day Five - Centre Island

Centre Island.  I just love it so much.  It's a great place, but I know part of the reason I love it so much is that it is more or less the same, as when I was a kid, and it holds so many fond memories of family.  We didn't go last year at all, and two years ago when we went it was without Suzanne and her crew, so I was so excited when she said Centre Island was on her list!







Our first stop on the Island was a park.  The park is on the side furthest away from the city.  It was there two years ago, but I don't remember it being there before that.  There was a little bit of drama, (no pre-teens will be mentioned) but everyone got through it and soon after Andrew and Rayna joined us.  From the park we walked to the beach intending to walk to the pier, but somehow the sand was distracting, and we never quite made it.













Next was the maze!  The maze was gone for a few years. It had fallen into disrepair, but a private citizen put up the money to redo it!








After the maze and silly pictures, it was on to Centreville and RIDES, oh and lunch.  I'm not sure why, but I thought it was really funny that Suzanne had a Nancy bottle of coke.  I called her Nancy all through lunch.  Sometimes I am weird!


















And then it was time to go.  Andrew and the boys were off to a Toronto FC match and the rest of us were off home.  It was a lovely, lovely day.


No comments: