Monday, August 25, 2014

Home: The Epic Drive

We decided we would take the slightly longer, more picturesque route up through the Thousand Islands.  Wait, back up... this morning we got up, finished packing, loaded the van and then left.  We left around 10.  We took the good-bye pictures that I love taking.

We started driving.  I think I drove first.  I wasn't sad until we crossed over into Massachusetts and then it was real and the trip was over and the goodbye would last until next time and I was sad.  I didn't cry when we said goodbye, because there will be a hello again, but I definitely don't like goodbyes!

Ken and I read UnWholly on the ride - a book we started, well, I don't even remember when.  It might have been at Christmas on the ride to Connecticut.  Either way, I was determined that we would finish the book this trip.  I love reading books out loud with Ken.  We don't make time for it very often but it's a fun road trip thing.

The trip today was pretty good.  The girls were really quite good.  Fiona did get tired of her seat, but generally it was a good trip.  We stopped three times - lunch then gas and ice cream and then dinner.  The last stop was quite extended - a little too extended really, but we had a fun walk by the water in Belleville. 












Unfortunately the traffic on the 401 was terrible and we didn't get home until midnight.  It was a long day, but we had safe travels.  Thank goodness we could just have a quiet day today. 

When I looked through the pics from the trip I found that I had a few that I never published, that I wanted to.  Anna lost another tooth - it was a difficult loss which went on for a few days.  The dollar then was really hard earned!  Next, Harvard Baby and Harvard Man.  And last Isaac and Fiona.  Isaac was gone so much I feel like we hardly saw him, but the visits I did have with him were awesome.  He is a good, good boy - young man really!  I love my sister's kids!  (Oh and I suppose Matthew is pretty okay too!! Insert winky face!)





Goodbye Bates!  We love you and we miss you already!  Thanks for a great trip!

No comments: