We left yesterday afternoon and drove to Rochester. We stopped for dinner in Batavia. We swam last night at the hotel - the pool was a little crowded but it wasn't too bad. One guest had a beer, at the pool, that was odd, but otherwise it was okay!
This morning we got up, had breakfast and left to go to the Children's Museum. Kate has been so looking forward to it. At one point in the last few weeks she told me that she was more excited to go to the museum than she was to see her cousins, but then said that was wrong, because people are more important than things!
Kate, Alice, Fiona, they all had SUCH a fun time! I love the children's museum. It is a magical place. I hope that Kate will love it for a few more years so that Fiona can have some memories of it.
After we had lunch and it was time to go, Alice was desperate to go to a park. Ken took the girls to the outdoor play area on the grounds of the museum. I took Fiona to the van to nurse her. While we were waiting for Ken and the girls to return the Thunderbirds flew overhead a few times. I thought it was really cool to see them today on our way to see the Bates family, because of Matthew's association with them when he was in the air force, and it's just cool to have jets fly by!
And then we were off - on the rest of the way to CONNECTICUT! The drive down was fairly uneventful. Aside from Alice having to poop - hello Massachusetts turnpike, that was fun and not scary at all - YIKES! I am so happy to be in my sister's home! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment