Saturday, August 23, 2014

Shopping and Beach

It just so happened to be tax free week in Connecticut this week - tax free on shoes and clothes, to help with back to school shopping I think.  We have been shopping here and there all week it seems... shoes for the girls one night, clothes for the boys last night, and this morning, clothes for the girls.  Shopping is exhausting.  Shopping with children in tow... It all worked out and even though it took longer than was reasonable we got the job done!

Then to go home, get organized (which was mostly done by the men - go men!) and leave.  We drove to Hammonasset Beach State Park.  It took about an hour to get there.  We got there a little later than we should have really.  It was a little chilly, but we did have fun.  Being near the water is so wonderful.  No big ocean waves, but the water...

















After the beach we drove another 45 minutes to Noank, Connecticut to pay a visit to Abbot's.  Ken, Suzanne and Matthew all had lobster rolls.  I asked Suzanne afterward why we needed to drive 45 minutes to get lobster rolls when there were seafood restaurants all around us at the beach in Hammonasset, she told me that these lobster rolls we a little bit of heaven in your mouth.  I tried a bit of Ken's clam chowder and didn't like it.  I didn't want to try the lobster so I didn't.  My excitement was the dessert!  Ken and I shared a Butter Brickle Bacon Sundae, and a Pumpkin Pie Sundae, they were both very yummy!

I can't believe that we're leaving tomorrow.  Part of me is ready, but part of me isn't.  I am so thankful that we came to visit.  I'm so thankful for my sister and her family!  I love you Suzanne!

No comments: