Saturday, August 16, 2014

Nevers Park, Shopping, Bowling, Boy Movie!

There you go, just read the title and you know what we did and you needn't bother reading the rest of the post!!

Kids.  Kids get older and life gets infinitely more complicated.  This is a fact.  This is now a fact of Suzanne's life. This morning Isaac had football and Thomas had a birthday party midday.  We were going to go to Gillette's Castle, but with two of Suzanne's four kids with stuff and the Castle being about an hour away, it just wasn't going to happen.  Instead we went to Nevers Park and the farmer's market there.  The kids played, then we had lunch, the kids were a little crazy, the comings and goings - carloads being ferried here and there was also slightly crazy, but it all worked out.









This afternoon while Fiona slept, Suzanne and I went grocery shopping at Target.  I bought these cute/funny stars and stripes flip-flops for Kate and Alice.  Kate has been begging for flip-flops for ages.  And this is why I should never buy shoes unless they are with me, Anna now has a really cute pair of flip-flops because they didn't fit Kate! 

After dinner we all went bowling. I wasn't sure how it was all going to work out - how does a three year old bowl?  But there are these things called bumpers so the ball doesn't go in the gutter, and there were these red plastic dinosaur things that the girls but their ball onto, and then presto, they're bowling.  Everyone had fun - including Isaac who wasn't convinced bowling was worth his time, but it was great!  I bowled my absolute worst game ever and came out the biggest loser!  Yay me! 












After we got home the big guys (Ken, Matthew and Isaac, yes Isaac is now - not always - one of the big guys?!) went to see a movie in Hartford.  Suzanne and I watched some tv and our first full day in Connecticut is over and was awesome!

No comments: