Thursday, August 21, 2014

Happy Half Birthday to Alice and Babysitting Day Two and a Half AND Book Day!

Today I wanted to finish the book.  The boys seemed to think that it was done the other day, but I wanted to include Isaac and the book didn't feel finished to me.  I wasn't sure at first, what to do for part two, but I started to flesh out an idea and I think it came together nicely.  I'm excited to turn it into a book!! 

Today was also Alice's half birthday.  Last summer was I think the first time we celebrated a half birthday?  I suppose it might have been the year before that, but either way, it is a silly fun tradition that I will happily continue for as long as my kids want to!  We finished our book stuff with the half birthday celebration - oreo cookie cupcakes, the singing of happy birthday and a Frozen balloon! 

Alice.  I love my sweet Alice.  She is such a good helper.  She loves being a big sister and a little sister.  She's getting better at not having fits, but oh dear, when she spirals, it isn't pretty!  Her language is coming along nicely.  She still struggles a bit with R, N, and V, but she very willingly lets me correct her and help her pronounce things properly.  She loves to be silly.  And she loves her "brother" Jake.  I wonder for how much longer Jake will be "around".  She was so cute today when she posed for me.  Happy half birthday Alice, I'm so glad you're part of our family!












And after all that fun, there was more!  Suzanne and I went out tonight with two of her girl friends.  We went to see a movie called "The Hundred-Foot Journey".  It was a lovely movie about family and food and love.  Afterward we went out for dessert.  YUM!

No comments: