Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The last of the funnies for 2013

September
Alice: (throwing a fit) But I don't want to!
Alice: (stops, seeing her teapot) Oh, my teapot.
Alice: (looks at me) I'm going to pour tea all over your face!
Me(Ken): Alice!
Alice: I mean... in a cup, and then give to you to drink.
Alice: Hahaha. My teapot (walks off, looking at the teapot).


Kate is so excited for her first day of school tomorrow. Tonight as she was having a snack before bed we had the following conversation.
Kate: Will they have a bear cave at my school?
Me: No. Why do you think that?
Kate: I thought that in my head.
Me: Oh. I don't think they will have a bear cave at your school.
Kate: I thought that the teacher would say all the girls can go in the nice bear cave and all the boys can go in the bad bear cave.


Alice has a thing for her uncles. She regularly asks for her Uncle JoaquĆ­n S Molina and her Uncle Matthew Bates. And she named one of her dolls Uncle Jonathan Bacon.

Kate learned how to write Mom last week. I found Mom doodled in one of my notebooks and it made me Mom happy!

October
On the way home from school today Kate said "Mom, every time I oinked Tristan tried to kiss me."

Alice: Daddy, what will happen if you die?
Me(Ken): Oh, Alice, you wouldn't get to see me anymore.
Alice: No, I'd get a New Daddy. A purple one, no, green. I'd get a new green daddy.



November
Alice is currently marching around singing (to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell), Fiona pulls my hair, Fiona pulls my hair, hi-ho the derry-o Fiona pulls my hair.

Alice: Dad, you're going to get locked in jail and never. see. me. again... No, actually, I'm going to locked in jail too. That way we can be together.

December
Ken McCartney is saying Ho Ho Ho, and pretending to be Santa.
Alice: I don't like that noise.
Ken: But that's what Santa says, ho ho ho.
Alice: I don't like that noise, I'm going to kick you in the head Santa.
(Oh dear... perhaps we shouldn't go see Santa this week.)


A conversation I had with Kate tonight:
Kate: Mom, I feel sorry for you and Ken. (She refers to her father as Ken was she is talking about him as he relates to me.)
Me: Why?
Kate: Because you have three kids, that is so exhausting.
Me: Sometimes it's exhausting but it's also lots of fun.
Kate: There should be two kids in a family because there are two parents.
I didn't think to point out that there would be no Fiona if we only had two kids, Kate loves Fiona. I do think it's funny that she's already figured out that Ken and I are out numbered. I wonder when she uses this new insight to her advantage? EEK!


Me: Alice can you go wake up Daddy.
Alice: No I tried, you go wake him up.


Alice: Will you read the story again?
Me: No not right now, I want to clean up the toys.
Alice: Oh, who's coming over?
(You know you don't clean up enough when...)


Kate: Alice, snow comes from a snow cloud. The snow cloud squeezes out the snow and that is where the snow comes from.
Alice: Oh that's where snow comes from?
Kate: Yes, that's where snow comes from.


Kate: I want to turn Alice into a book and read her. I'm a witch.
Alice: I'm not a book!

 
So far Fiona likes to eat paper and drink water out of a sippy cup. Introducing solids is going really well.

A conversation with Kate while putting her to bed while staying in Connecticut.
Kate: Mom, do you know my dreams?
Me: No. Tell me about your dreams.
Kate: I dream that I am grown up, and I dream about eating cheesies.  Mom, can I eat cheesies?
Me: Tomorrow you can have some cheesies for a snack.
Kate: (In a grand voice) Tomorrow the first dream will come true.  When can I ride a bike?

After clinking the cups Kate is waiting for her new years toast. So I put bread in the toaster! Happy New Year everyone!

(Me is Wendy, unless it says otherwise!)

No comments: