Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas

On Monday the 23rd we did some extra shopping and readying.  A few errands, nothing exciting.  On Christmas Eve Ken went in to work at Trillium and took Kate and Alice with him.  He got some work done and so did I.  Alice fell apart a bit so Ken didn't get to do any Christmas shopping...

Traditions.  There were two things that I really wanted to do.  I wanted to go to the park in Orangeville with all the lights and I wanted to go to Fairy Lake in Newmarket on Christmas Eve to see the Nativity.  The weather was NOT cooperative.  Instead of continuing those traditions this year we were thankful that the ice storm didn't take out our power for more than a couple of hours on Sunday.  We were thankful too that we were warm and safe in our home.  We did watch some Nativity videos on Christmas Eve so that was good.  I hope that those traditions can resume next year!

I did carry on the tradition of Christmas Jammies!!  Fiona's aren't a perfect match but they are reindeer jammies, like her sisters.  She was already bothered enough so I didn't bother with the cute hat and booties.  The girls were so excited on Christmas Eve. 
This was taken earlier in the day, when she clearly wasn't bothered!
 Kate left a note for Santa with the cookies.  I thought it was really cute so I scanned it!
I love taking a picture of the room staged and ready for Christmas morning.  I posted it on Facebook and someone referred to it as the calm before the storm.  I liked that!

Christmas morning was great.  The girls woke up around 8 and enjoyed opening their stockings and their presents.







At some point Kate and Alice both decided they were quite over heated and spent some time in their underthings, which then made it easier to get them dressed, which was good, because I wanted them to wear their Christmas shirts!



They had such a happy time playing with their new toys!
Mom, Dad and Andrew came up sometime after 3.  I was excited to give Dad his gifts and frustrated because Mom's gift didn't arrive in time! (Jonathan and I got Dad three funny sweatshirts.  I made Mom her calendar which will hopefully arrive before the end of January!)

Ken made a yummy Christmas dinner.  Andrew helped with the finishing touches and made a really yummy gravy.  This managing at the Keg business has delightful benefits for the rest of us! We missed Rayna who was working.  We'll have to have a Christmas in July party or something.



Today, well the past few days really, have been everything that they should be.  We have had a wonderful time being together as a family, and we've been able to reflect on the love that we feel for our Savior Jesus Christ, and marvel thinking about the love the He has for us.





No comments: