Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Santa

It is sad sometimes how quickly I can lose perspective.  Today was Santa Day!  This is an important Christmas tradition for me.  I buy the girls cute matching shirts the year before, when they go on sale after Christmas at Gymboree, and then I wait with anticipation until the big Santa Day for them to wear their cute new matching shirts.  Last year I bought one for Kate, one for Alice and two for the baby we knew we were having but who's gender remained as yet unknown. 

This morning when Ken asked about dressing the baby I told him I was waiting.  I was afraid that Fiona would wreck her shirt, as she is an EPIC pooper.  (That's right, this post is about Santa and poop.)  I waited, but not long enough, as this morning she was EPIC again.  For a few minutes after the blow out I didn't know what to do.  Do I cancel?  I wanted to cancel, but we were meeting up with friends and I had pulled Kate out of school for the big day.  I was crushed for about 5, maybe 10 minutes.  But then I caught myself.

I dug out Kate's first Christmas outfit (which is too big, but I rolled up the sleeves) and redressed my sweet Fiona.  Before we left for the mall we had a quick prayer in the van to remember that Christmas is really about Jesus, and to be calm and happy and thankful for being a family.  And everything was great.  Santa was really sweet too.  We had fun with our friends.  No one had a melt down, and look how cute the picture is!  I'm glad I didn't let a little poop ruin my day!  (Or I suppose in this case, A LOT of poop!)

No comments: