Sometimes you don't know what you want until you end up with what you don't want!
Eleven. Life is such a blur right now; three little people that are constantly going, going, going. Ken and I do not go out very often. I count it a good week if we can sit together and watch a tv show - that's right, "a" show. Being in Connecticut for our anniversary means that we have free babysitting. But being in Connecticut also means that we don't know where to go or what to do. The plan was to go to dinner and leave ALL three little people with my sister and her husband, and of course all of their kids. Suzanne suggested we make reservations, and suggested a few different places, but I didn't know what I felt like.
We had a great day at the Science Center. Came back, hung out, put the baby down for a nap and then we kind of took our time getting out the door. We hit the dinner rush and we didn't have a reservation. We walked into every restaurant in this cute little shopping area and every single place had at least a 45 minute wait. I suggested we walk to the Japanese place and hoped the wait wouldn't be as long. It wasn't.
The hostess asked if we were "okay" with a half booth in the back. This should have been a sign that it wasn't okay and that we didn't want it. Instead we said sure and we were seated almost immediately. The front of the restaurant was very nice. The back, I called it the "ugly" room. It was really quite tragic. (Tragic in the pathetic "first world" kind of way that isn't tragic at all. Thinking about it in those terms makes me want to delete this whole silly post before I even finish it... but I digress!)
To top it off we were seated beside a family with three small children. The mess that their three small children created was staggering. Thankfully they were finishing up and left quite quickly after we were seated. The food came fairly quickly and it was fine. We had a nice time. We did. BUT.
It occurred to me while I was having the night I didn't want, that I wished I'd put a little more effort into having the night I really did want. It was a special night and I wanted it to be truly special. I love my sweet Ken so much. I am still thankful for him and who he is everyday. (I still mostly smile when I throw out his garbage and pick up his socks...) I love him so much. So much. Next year, I will make plans!
I'm grateful for my sister and her family. I'm grateful that we had a few hours out. I'm grateful that Ken is mine forever and ever. I'm so grateful for our little family. Here's to ELEVEN amazing years, and a million more!
1 comment:
Awww cute post! Happy Anniversary!!! :) I'm happy you were able to go out just the two of you, but that stinks about the restaurant! Hopefully next year will be more romantic :)
Post a Comment