Sunday, December 29, 2013

Gingerbread

I used to decorate Easter Eggs with Suzanne's boys every year on March Break.  Didn't matter whether Easter was in March or not, it was what we did.  Then I went and had a baby and everything changed!  We didn't get around to making the Gingerbread houses on Christmas Eve like I had thought maybe we would.  I decided instead that it would be fun to bring the candy and cutouts with us to Connecticut. 

I have never made Gingerbread houses before.  If I do this again I would really only change one thing.  I would glue (with the icing of course) the houses together and have them set well in advance of letting the little people near them.  It was Sunday afternoon, all of the adults disappeared completely and I was left with five wildly excited children with eyes for candy!  I wanted some decorum.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I wanted some cute posed shots.  Instead there were lopsided houses that kept falling down and kids that were a little too excited about smashing them!  But really the point was to have fun, and fun was had!








Now if only we can go to Connecticut every year around Christmas, we've got a new tradition!  Oh and cousins are just generally awesome.  And cute!



No comments: