Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Five and a Half

I like the idea of half-birthdays.  Birthdays are such special days, and a year is such a long time to wait.  Kate was so excited all day.  She has been excited for a few weeks now.  Yesterday I cancelled the doctor's appointment I'd previously scheduled for Fiona's next round of shots, because she is in teething yuck, and told Kate that she could now pick whatever activity she'd like! She chose Candyland, an indoor play place in Vaughan.

We went, we played, my teaching friend Diane and her kids showed up not long before we were going to leave.  So we stayed a little longer, sadly a little too long for poor Fifi!  We drove home in pouring rain, dropped sleeping Fiona off - yay for Daddy working at home, and went to Foodland.





At Foodland we bought lots of things, but most importantly, cupcakes.  At the register when the cashier was scanning the cupcakes, Kate was very excited to tell her that the cupcakes were for her half birthday.  The cashier told Kate that she wished she could have a cupcake.  Kate sadly informed her that because it was only a half-birthday we weren't having a party, so she couldn't invite her to come over.

Her sweet innocence takes my breath away sometimes.  The way she is just so excited to tell anyone who will listen, her entire life story.  She shares her heart so freely.  She truly believed she was disappointing that cashier.

I love my wide-eyed-dreaming wonderful Five and a Half year old girl!


1 comment:

jer_z_chick said...

Awe, Kate is so sweet!! I love that girl.