Saturday, July 26, 2014

Zoo Trip - CANADA

I can't remember exactly how it started.  Was it about the bears first, or Canada first?  Today wasn't supposed to be very hot.  Going to the Canadian Domain at the zoo involves a very large, steep hill.  Ken and I decided that today would be the day that we took the kids to Canada, and so we did!



When you take the zoo-mobile around the zoo there's a stop at the top of the hill.  As you approach the stop, the zoo-mobile guide suggests that you walk all the way down to the bottom of the hill and then stop and look at the animals on your way back up the hill, so that is what we did.  Ken walked the stroller down the hill and our first stop was the grizzly bears.  Kate was very excited to introduce Chloe to the bears.






The rest of the animals were either sleeping or hiding, all except one of the cougars that got up and walked past us, that was cool.  But we definitely won't be going back to Canada any time soon.  Or maybe we will in the fall/winter when the animals might be more active?




This sign killed me!  As we started to head off to Canada and I saw the sign, I thought, what?!  An hour!  That's crazy!  But we were already committed to going so it didn't deter us.  After coming back from Canada we stopped and had pizza not far from the sign.  The sign was indeed successful at deterring a number of others as I listened to a number of people exclaim, what, an hour?!

The girls love looking at all the types of penguins and trying to figure out which one is their size!




 Must take advantage of the zoo-mobile during the summer!  It's a nice way to end our visit!


But I suppose the best end to a zoo visit is a hug from a giant panda!  (Fiona had by this point passed out in my arms!)




No comments: