Concerts. (Pause to sigh slightly.) Ken and I used to go to concerts. I love going to concerts. I haven't been very good at leaving my kids in the evening, hence we don't go to concerts very often... um wait, we never go to concerts these days. When I found out about Zorana's Noon-hour concert at Trinity Church downtown, I wanted to go. I haven't seen Zorana perform in too long and I was so excited about the program - covers of Kate Bush, Radiohead, and Prince. The thought of taking all three girls downtown by myself was daunting but when the alternative was not going to the concert, there was no decision!
We drove to Downsview station, took the subway to Dundas, then walked down Yonge Street, through the middle of the Eaton Centre and into the church. We ate lunch during the concert. The girls were great. A half peep from Fiona. An almost cry from Alice and Kate, she was just great.
And the concert... This is what I wrote to Zorana tonight:
LOVELY!!!!!! I hope you're still on a post
concert high! I was so thoroughly delighted with the concert. The
songs, the choices, the interpretation, the EVERYTHING! I wish I had
the program in front of me... it's upstairs somewhere. I loved the
third song - the sheep one. I loved the Radiohead stuff. Ken's a huge Radiohead fan, and I'm sad he missed the concert today. I know he would
have loved it too.
The cheeky Nothing Compares To You. All of
it. I keep trying to capture the sounds in my ear again. It's been a
while since I've been to a concert. It is always so fun to go listen to
something new, but it's also frustrating. I want to hear the songs
again, and again and again please!
I took a few pictures in the church but I only had my cell phone so they didn't turn out very well. We were sitting two rows behind Ciaran and Jason. It was so cute watching Ciaran dancing to some of the songs. Zorana was so great. She is such an amazing performer. She goes into character, it's so amazing to watch her change into a different person for each song.
Kate found her Minion hat before we left and insisted on wearing it even though it was a warm-ish day. It was kind of funny.
and then dinner... I almost thought my concert plans weren't going to work out because of dinner with these lovely ladies... but it did. I got to go to a wonderful concert and then come home and have a wonderful dinner with Margaret, Sacha and Cohen! Margaret and Sacha were two of my beehives in Richmond Hill and now they're both married! EEK! What a wonderful day!






No comments:
Post a Comment