A word about the shoot. First the location. Funny thing, we spent all that time driving around the other day and then Mom said, oh, we drove up the road past Scenic Caves and there was this really nice lookout from the top of Blue Mountain. She took this pic with her tablet.
Individual families were photographed first, then Mom and Dad, our family last, the group shots, and then pics of the grandkids. Between takes Seth fell and scraped up his face, Fiona cried lots, Alice had a half-fit kind of melt down and I kept thinking about the one person who's been missing all week and was still missing today, Rayna.
Rayna was doing training for a new job this week, a new job it turned out that just wasn't the right fit. I missed Rayna. I was sad that she wasn't there to hang out with all the nieces and nephews and the grown-ups too. I was sad that she was sad because of the job not working out. And I was sad that Andrew was sad for his sweetheart.
I'm so glad we did pictures today. With all of the craziness of taking pictures with 10 children - or 9 if you count Isaac as a teen, or 10 if you count Dad has a kid, since he really doesn't like having his picture taken... it was awesome! I love the pics that Michelle and Matthew took today, so I'm including them in my post.
After the photos it was time to eat! We went back to the chalet and ate lots. Then it was on to the next thing. Matthew, Jon and Isaac went to do the Zip Line at Scenic Caves, Andrew and Michelle, Joey, Thomas, Marcus and Seth went go-karting. And the rest of us went to the outdoor pool to swim.
I don't have any pictures of us swimming outside. And I don't have any pictures of the Bates family (or Andrew) pulling out of the parking lot. I can't believe they're already gone, and that tomorrow is it. I love my family so much and I'm so grateful to have had this awesome week with everyone together.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment