The plan was for us to meet up at the chalet, Michelle and I would go do the zip-line, then we'd go from there. We were going to do the beach as well, but later, so Ken and I didn't bring all the beach stuff with us. When Mom and Dad showed up at the chalet, Mom wanted to go to the beach right away. She wanted to leave Collingwood sooner than later. Michelle and I had been waiting to go until later (11ish) so that we could talk to Matthew's contact for the deal of only paying for the zip-line and not admission as well. Michelle and I agreed that we'd go do the zip-line later, and then we all went to the beach.
Flat tire. The tire light had been coming on and when we were leaving to go to the beach the rear passenger side tire was flat. Go awesome Ken - he changed the tire and put the donut on. After dropping us off at the beach Jon and Ken took the van to Canadian Tire. They picked up lunch on their way back. Dad was feeling a little off so he sat in the van in the shade in the parking lot. Mom came down to the beach, and the kids played in the sand and the water. Fiona fell asleep and napped under the beach umbrella.
At some point the guys returned. We ate lunch. Jon rented a kayak. Mom and Dad left and dropped off Ken to get the van. And then our family trip was minus more family.
Remember how I said that we didn't bring all the beach stuff... well we never did apply sunscreen, which as it turned out didn't affect Alice and Kate at all - good! YAY for UV protected suits. Fiona was napping under the beach umbrella and would you believe, still ended up with a little bit of a sunburn. (Don't I just feel like mother of the year!)
If you look at the reflection in the mirror you can see her sunburn. Looking at the picture it doesn't look so bad, in real life, I feel terrible! Which brings me to me. After sitting on the beach for hours, without a hat, without sun protection of any kind - I was wearing clothing of course, I didn't feel so hot. In fact Michelle and I were supposed to go do the zip line thing, but I felt really yucky. Ken was trying to pack up and I lay down. Ken and Jon gave me a blessing and shortly thereafter I felt great, but it was by then too late to do the zip line thing. Ken bathed the girls, Jon took his kids swimming and Michelle cuddled with Kate and Alice and watched tv.
And then just like that we were waving goodbye, just like that it was all over. (We still had to drive home from Collingwood, put the kids to bed, unpack, do some grocery shopping and get ready for church in the morning...)
There are many things I am thinking/feeling. It's crazy to start the summer with the best thing... then what?! It's also awesome to start the summer with the best thing! I love my family. I miss my family. I want us to do this every year. I'm grateful for all the many things that everyone did to make this special family time possible. I am so grateful for the time that my children spent being loved by their cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. I am grateful to have a Mom and a Dad that love their family so much.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment