Friday, July 25, 2014

Ava's 6th Birthday

We have been to Ava's birthday party every year since she was one.  This year the party was while we were away with my family.  I was so sad!  What better way to make up for missing the party, than to spend her actual birthday with her?! 

The girls play together so sweetly, and I love hanging out with Ruth - win win!  It was great being able to share some birthday fun even though we couldn't make it to the party.  I had all the girls wearing butterfly shirts so we could remember Josh too!








Only slight wrinkle today was at the end, poor Kate thought that since it was Ava's birthday there would be treat bags.  Expectations can be such a cruel thing!  Oh and Ruth got me a birthday present! It was fun to get a piggy mug.  I am still Bacon, I still love my pigs, but I don't get piggy stuff very much any more.  I wonder if I'll ever display my pigs?! 


I still marvel that the two of us, born two days apart, growing up a few kilometres apart, never knew each other!  Well, we didn't get to be friends as teenagers, but we can make up for it now!! 

No comments: