McCartney fun - Maureen's house on Saturday
We were missing Jen and her family, and Brittany, but it was a last minute effort to plan a get together. Family get-togethers are great. It's fun to catch up and I love watching Kate and Alice play with their cousins. It was also Williams 12th birthday and Ken and Chris's 45th wedding anniversary. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure anyone mentioned the wedding anniversary... oops! We had a pot luck dinner of a variety of things. Ken made turkey enchiladas which were delicious.
Ken's parents are coming to visit in November and I really, really need to get a good picture of Kate, Alice and Fiona with their Nana and Papa!
Bacon Fun - Mom and Dad's on Monday
We went swimming and ate Swiss Chalet chicken. Andrew was there, but Rayna was not. And I didn't take one single picture... oops!
The swimming was so much fun. Kate wore her life jacket, Alice wore floaties and both girls were everywhere. They were both so comfortable in the water. Fiona loves the water too. Ken, Mom and I all went in too. It really was so much fun!
After the swimming we came back upstairs to do the final dinner prep - this really was mostly all Mom. GO MOM! I'm not sure at what point Mom realized that the turkey was sitting in a cold oven... Thinking back on it she realized that when she last checked the turkey at 12:15, instead of turning off the timer she hit cancel on the oven turning the oven off. She felt so badly. She promptly got on the phone and ordered two whole roast chickens from Swiss Chalet. It really wasn't a big deal and the bonus for me was being sent home with tons of leftovers! (She did cook the turkey as soon as she realized it wasn't cooked.)
Andrew has been in training as a manager at the Keg since the beginning of September. He was able to come for dinner, but unfortunately Rayna was working.
Pictures. I realized as we were leaving that I hadn't ever actually gotten the camera out. I was slightly annoyed at myself. Next time!
Oh and one last Thanksgiving thought. Yesterday in church one of the sisters that spoke said that people usually call it Turkey Day and that takes away the meaning of the day. It struck me, when she said that. I very casually call it Turkey Day and while I do love eating turkey, I'm more glad that there is a holiday dedicated to being grateful. I have SO many things to be thankful for.
THANKS for... the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, my amazing husband, my wonderful children, being a Mom and being home with my girls, my baby, my family... I could go on for days, but I'll stop there. Oh wait, health, I'm really thankful and grateful that we have healthy strong bodies.
No comments:
Post a Comment