I loved playing with Fisher-Price Little People when I was a kid. My Mom and Dad still have most of the houses and a few pieces to go with them. Little People have totally changed since then - the size difference is dramatic. There are many people who think safety is silly and love the old stuff and refuse to play with the new stuff. I feel mixed. I like both. I have bought a few different things - some new some used for the girls. Kate has recently rekindled her interest in Little People. I think because she plays with them at school.
The other night I was telling Kate how Auntie Suzanne and I used to set up a village and play. I decided to surprise her. While she was in the office playing on the computer I set up all the buildings. I wish I had recorded her reaction. When she came upstairs, it was better than Christmas. She was so happy. What was really sweet was not just how happy it made her, but how appreciative she was. It was so sweet. It made me tear up a little, and her too. I love my little, big girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment