Saturday, October 05, 2013

General Conference - part one

There was an open house at the Orangeville Chapel today.  They had a pancake breakfast and activities for the kids.  They were hoping to have some of the community come and then stay for conference.  We took the girls, made a quick trip to the farmer's market and then went to the chapel.  It's always fun to see people from our old ward (and wonder if it will ever be our ward again).  The girls had fun doing a craft and having their faces painted.  The most fun however was playing in the nursery while the first session of conference was going on.  (Oh and the cupcakes rank right up there too I'm sure!)

After the first session was over we made a stop on the way home.  I mentioned to Ken that I wanted to do an art project.  I wanted to take a picture of a tree in a field once during each season.  The fall colours are so beautiful right now.  We drove north of highway 9 and just west of Airport road.  I took some pictures that I liked.  I didn't totally find a red tree.  I'm not sure if I'll keep looking or not. 

I love general conference weekend.  I love our beautiful world.  Life is good.  (Oh and the girls met a beautiful, very friendly horse named Marchfield.  And can you guess which picture is my favourite?)









No comments: