Monday, May 25, 2015

Surprise, it's Nicole and I'm here

Last night at ten to eleven I got a message on Facebook from Nicole.  She's on tour with Diana Krall, was in Hamilton enroute to London and wanted a visit.  After a bit of back and forth Nicole decided that she would rent a car and drive to Tottenham, and I'm so, so glad that she did.

The blessing of life long friends.  I'm going to tear up a bit.  I have a number of long time friends.  They are all so different and all such gems in my life.  Nicole's friendship has always meant so much.  The wonder.  She is my wonder friend.  When I think of Nicole I think of her absolute joy, her enjoyment of the world around her, the wonder of it all.  Everyone needs a Nicole in their life.  We met in French class in grade nine, and have been friends ever since.  BC is very far away, and I've only been out to see her once, I'm so thankful that her Mom is still out here and she's been back to visit so many times.  I still can't believe she drove five hours round trip, on her only other day off (the other spent with her Mom of course) to hang out with little ole me.  Treasure!

We had such a lovely evening.  The girls ate her up.  Nicole entertained them all.  The guessing game - pick an object in the room, don't tell anyone, then everyone has to ask questions with a yes/no answer until they guess the object.  The girls wanted to play it all night. 

Oh dear sweet Nicole, come back again soon please!  (Oh and happy birthday yesterday to you!)










No comments: