Thursday, January 30, 2014

Decisions

I was talking with a friend the other day about making decisions.  We briefly spoke about making decisions and receiving confirmation from the spirit that the decision is good.  I expressed my relief and comfort in having the spirit to make decisions.  As well I noted that I didn't know how people made decisions - huge big decisions without this confirmation.  I suppose if you've never had something you don't know what you're missing, but I am so grateful to have a loving Father in Heaven and to have a relationship with Him.  I am grateful that He cares enough for me to give me quiet, calm assurance that a decision I'm making is a good one.  One that has His seal of approval.

Today I filled out the online paper work to extend my leave.  I am eligible to take a one year infant care leave in addition to my maternity leave.  There will not be any additional money of course, this is an unpaid leave, but I do not as yet have to walk away from my job.  I can change my mind if I want to, and request to come back early, but as it stands right now my leave will continue until May 19, 2015.  I feel so good about this decision.  A little scared, but mostly just good.

I love my girls.  I love being a Mom.  And I am grateful to be the wife of such a good, hard-working man that supports me, and will be supporting me for the foreseeable future!!

1 comment:

Hannah Richins said...

I LOVE the Canadian laws for maternity leave! I'm so happy you get to stay home with your babies for so long :) and I love this post. I don't know how people make decisions without prayer and confirmation from the spirit. I would constantly second guess myself!