Before Kate went to school I took her 5th Birthday Picture.
Kate did not want to go to bed tonight. She didn't want her birthday to end. (It is like that isn't it?) She has been anticipating this day for so long, it finally comes and then of course it has to end. She was very happy today. She had a great day at school. She took cupcakes to share with her class. I wish I would have taken a picture of the cupcake carrier full of cupcakes but I didn't! The cupcakes were Betty Crocker rainbow bit mix enhanced with a pinterest recipe - so good. I used my friend Rebecca McLaren's suggested icing recipe, we turned it pink and then put pink sugar sprinkles on top. They looked pretty cute. I was going to pipe the icing, but I didn't get a piping bag and the ziploc with the tip cut off didn't cut it!
Anyway! Kate and Alice made pizza with their Dad for our dinner - Kate's choice. We had broccoli too. Then the cupcakes for dessert. The funny thing was, she didn't really eat her cupcake. She ate some of the icing, but not very much of it. She just wanted to blow out the candles. We re-lit the candles five times for her to blow out, twice for Alice, once for me, once for Ken and there might have been another time. We all had fun blowing out candles.
Kate said the prayer at dinner tonight. She prayed that she could be five years old until next year on her birthday. I thought that was really cute. I don't want her to get any older. I feel like she's already old enough. Already independent enough. Now I want to go upstairs and cuddle her!
I am so grateful for my family. I can't believe I have three precious daughters. I love my girls so much. Happy birthday my sweet Kate. I love you more than you'll ever know!
No comments:
Post a Comment