When we first got to the zoo both the girls were asleep so we waited. We slowly got organized and went in. Kate had a ride on the carousel on an orange parrot. I think this is the first time we didn't take any pictures of Kate on the carousel.
When Grandma and Grandpa arrived we asked Kate what she wanted to see and she said penguins. Penguins are of course on the opposite side of the zoo and up a VERY large hill. I volunteered to push Dad up the hill, Ken had Alice strapped on and Mom pushed Kate in her stroller. I was completely breathless but I made it to the top of the hill only having to pause once and no one got run over!
We got there just in time for the penguin feeding. It was awesome. The penguins are so cute and the new penguin enclosure which opened this year is incredible.
After the penguins it was time to warm up so we made our way to the African Pavilion, with a stop to see the giraffes on the way.
We got to the African Pavilion in time to listen to the gorilla keeper talk. And (Auntie Wendy you'll get a kick out of this), Mom found an opportunity to tell a breastfeeding story. After the gorillas Kate and I went to the masks. On our zoo trip with Uncle Andrew and the Bacon cousins, in September, Kate looked at masks with her Uncle Andrew and cousin Lucy and has been talking about the masks ever since. I made sure I took lots of pictures so we could add some to her photo book and the blog too of course!
Alice is now big enough to pose in the canoe with Kate.
I think this is my favourite fish tank in the zoo.
The lemurs were really cute today.
After the African Pavilion we walked down to the Indomalaya Pavilion. We enjoyed the beautiful fall colours as we walked. I held on to Dad's wheel chair down the big hill and again no one was run over!
The Orangutans were so cute today and they were right up at the glass.
After the pavilion it was time to go but we paused to watch the Lion-tailed Macaque. Kate giggled and giggled as she watched one of them playing with a toy.
Yay Grandma and Grandpa for coming to the zoo! We had a lovely time! (And thanks for the Swiss Chalet and swim afterward, what a fun day!)



















No comments:
Post a Comment