After the museum of play we drove from Rochester to Seneca Falls. Heidi and I have known each other since we were three. We are two days apart (I won't reveal who's older) and we went to church together every week until the summer we were 17 and Heidi and her family moved to Sault Ste. Marie.
Heidi is the kind of friend that it doesn't matter how long it's been between visits because it always feels like it was yesterday. The last time I saw Heidi was Canadian Thanksgiving 2010. She hosted dinner last year in her home in Canoga, NY (just outside of Seneca Falls). Since then her house burned down and she has moved twice, their new house backs on to the river in Seneca Falls. What a difficult year for my sweet friend, but you'd never know. She's still as optimistic and excited about life as always. Everyone should have a Heidi in their life!
Here are the very lame pictures that I took during our brief visit.
Here is Heidi in her car.
Heidi is the most mature of all my friends. (Did I mention she has five kids and it will be her sixteenth wedding anniversary this Christmas?)
The back of the property - you can see the river sort of.
The back of the house.
Here's Maggie (Heidi's second) giving us directions to church and you can sort of see the front of the house through the car window.
Saying goodbye to Heidi after church.
No comments:
Post a Comment