Friday, November 18, 2011

Last Day in Connecticut

The flight wasn't until 7:55 pm so that left the day... I packed and got organized and tried to take some pictures of Kate and Anna.  First Anna and Kate had a tea party.



Then we moved to the kitchen...


I meant to walk around the house and take pictures of the rooms, I meant to take a picture of the kitchen... I meant to.  Behind the cute girlies is the back splash that Suzanne put in herself.  When I grow up I want to be like my sister.


When Alice woke up we piled in the van and went to Hartford (with a stop to Old Navy to get a skirt for me and then a return trip to the house to get Isaac).
I also meant to walk around outside and photograph the wreckage - as in the wrecked trees thanks to Storm Alfred.  If you look closely at this picture you can see tree branches that are pointing entirely the wrong direction.  This photo does not in any way accurately reflect the wreckage...
We drove around Hartford.  The building on the left is Mark Twain's house.
We drove past Occupy Hartford. 
 We stopped at the State Capitol.
 We went inside to use the bathrooms and interrupt the governor.

 It was sunny and beautiful but VERY chilly.

Next we went back to South Windsor to say goodbye and then we drove to Boston.  Thankfully both girls slept the whole way to the airport.  Suzanne came inside to help and then it was really goodbye. 

Kate and Alice had a few minutes to play before we picked up some candy and then boarded the plane.



Kate is a great traveller, for this I am thankful.  Now if only we could cure her of screaming when her sister screams.
Alice... (deep breath) Alice is NOT a good flyer.  I was a little better prepared for the screaming on the return flight. 
Once on the ground in Buffalo the sweet couple that sat across the aisle helped me bring all of my stuff to Ken.  The one thing I wish I had a picture of, Kate's reaction to seeing her Daddy.  We were walking through the sliding doors when Kate saw her Daddy and she just fell to the floor.  She got up beaming and looking at him dropped to the floor again.  She was so happy to see her Dad. 

Our first trip to Connecticut was memorable.  I feel like now that I have travelled with the two girls without Ken for an extended period of time I will be better equipped for next time.  That sounds terrible.  Suzanne, thanks for being a great sister and for cleaning up Kate's barf and for forgiving my spiral.

No comments: