Tuesday, August 01, 2023

The Utah Visit - Oquirrh Mountain

Last year when Anna, Suzanne and Ben came, I really wanted Anna and Kate to go to the temple together, but it just wasn't possible. This summer I was determined for them to go, and Alice too. I started looking for baptistry sessions at the Bountiful temple (the closest), then Ogden, then Jordan River, and finally Oquirrh Mountain had an opening for today. 

Joey planned to play golf, but thankfully Ally was able to come and watch Fiona and Ben while I drove Kate, Alice and Anna down to South Jordan. But not before enjoying some cuddling first!



I'm so mad that I only took one pic, and in that one pic Anna's eyes are closed! ARGH! Thankfully even though Alice left her temple recommend up in Farmington, there were no hiccups, and Joey escorted the girls to the baptistry. He did a bunch of baptizing and for the first time, confirming. 
A miracle... Joey lost his temple recommend, but then I found it in the parking lot. We re-traced his steps, and I saw it glint in the sunlight. I took this pic of Joey and Anna just after we found his recommend.
While the kids were in the temple Tim came and met me. We sat on a bench under a tree by the back of the temple where the baptistry is and we chatted. I love my cousin Tim! It was so so so nice to sit and chat. He lives 10 minutes away in Herriman and couldn't stay long

This was the bench where Tim and I sat. I should have taken a pic of both of us.
To enter into the baptistry you go around to the back of the temple. This is a pic of the baptistry doors at the back of the temple.
One pick of all of them. The lens is set wide so it looks a little funny.
When we got back Ben was packing for his trip to California. "My Mom told me" was his answer when I asked him why he was packing.
While we were gone Ally took Fiona and Ben swimming. Then she went and met up with Joey and the girls at an ice cream place in Bountiful. Later one she went to FiiZ and I had a root beer with vanilla - yum!
The doggies are so funny. Rex and Zeus followed me around a lot. 
The clouds were really cool today.


I made breakfast for dinner - bacon and french toast and strawberries. I learned that cooking with a gas stove is tricky.
Another happy Fiona and Ben moment. I hope Fiona will remember all the good moments!


Anna making funny faces! Look at this grown up girl! Oh and you can see the sparkle. She's started putting hair sparkles in, in preparation for going to see Taylor Swift on Saturday night in California with Suzanne.


Sally came over tonight to hang out. Suzanne and Sally and I stayed up late talking. The strength of family is such a blessing. Sadly, I didn't take a pic.

No comments: