After Kate's mostly forgotten half birthday I suppose that it shouldn't surprise me that I completely spaced Alice's. We were saying goodbye, Alice sleeping over with Lauren, and I took a selfie. I think Alice might have thought that this meant that I remembered, because she asked me why I wanted to take a selfie. When I said (jokingly) it was incase I never saw her again, Alice asked me what the date was. I told her I knew it was August and I knew it was Monday but I didn't know the date. She told me it was the 21st and nothing registered. And then I looked at her face. And then suddenly it dawned on me. It was Alice's half-birthday and I had completely forgotten. I felt so so so badly. It made me so sad. I love this little family tradition and I do not want it to die!
The just in case I never see you again selfie.
Alice's devastation that I forgot. You can't see my heart breaking in this picture, but it did break.The next day, Alice still not forgiving me.
Alice's Wakefield Bakery half birthday mini cake. Lemon and blueberry with cream.
I think I'm finally mostly forgiven.
I really don't want this family tradition to die. I put the half birthdays in my calendar with reminders so that this oversight will not happen again! I love my Alice and I love my Kate, so so so much. And I love our half birthday tradition!





No comments:
Post a Comment