Sunday, August 06, 2023

The Utah Visit - Home

It makes me giggle to call this last one the Utah Visit, since most of today - actually yesterday, was not in Utah! 

We said sleepy goodbyes to the Bacons again, and I didn't subject them to pics - just Jon lol. He helped carry out the bags.

Lovey making the high school soccer team in grade 9 is a big deal!

We wanted to drive up the strip in Vegas, to say we'd done it, so we left at 8:45 am to give ourselves enough time to drive there, drive down the strip, get gas, then drop off the car and get to our flight. Alice took a couple pics in the gorge. 

I wasn't surprised by how quickly we were in Arizona this time - or that we were in Arizona for that matter! Jon gave us directions to the strip. The pictures don't do it justice at all. There was so much to see. I was a little sad that I was driving because I couldn't just stare at everything like I wanted to.

The little area where you hop on a tram and get taken to the gate area in an underground tunnel.
We didn't take this pic on the way and I was sad that we didn't. So take it on the way home we did! Welcome to Las Vegas - or in our case, bye.
More goofy Vegas photo ops.

Waiting in the gate.
The first leg was Las Vegas to Vancouver. Kate and I sat together and Alice and Fiona sat together. The flight was 2 h 44 m - something like that anyway. Kate let me sit by the window so I was in my HAPPY PLACE!!



Fiona was right behind me and we were able to hold hands a little.
I took more pics out the window than is reasonable. I loved watching the landscape change. So much desert! And then it slowly became green.








Flying into Vancouver was cool. The girls were excited to fly over the Pacific ocean, although I don't think we actually did - just the channel between Vancouver Island and the mainland.




When we landed we needed to go through customs. We were waved over to the family line and it went pretty quickly. At first we were only supposed to have 1 hr 44 minutes in the airport, but that turned into 3 hours ish? (I texted Nicole that we were there - had I known that we were going to be there so long, and that she was free, I would have texted sooner - silly me!)







We actually had fun in the airport. Fiona and I walked around everywhere searching for food in the gate area. Sadly there was no Tim Horton's, but we were able to find food for everyone for dinner.

This art amused me. So here it is.

Our flight was delayed and delayed and delayed again, but thankfully it took off! At one point the announcement from one of the flight attendants was, please cooperate and get in your seats, otherwise the flight will have to be cancelled because we will have worked longer than we're allowed to!

For the Vancouver to Toronto flight - all 4.5 hours, Fiona and I sat together and Alice and Kate sat together. 






The flight was great - until I realized my water bottle had leaked everywhere - on my new music and on my school laptop. AH! I did everything wrong that I could do wrong. I'm sad, and a little afraid. Who knows. I've prayed a lot - we shall see.
Fiona and I slept a little on the plane - Fiona on my lap, me a little dozing in and out. Kate and Alice watched a movie together on Kate's phone.
We landed just after 2 am. Ken is a rock star and came to pick us up. We were all so happy to see him.
We had a really wonderful trip. We did lots, we saw lots, we were safe, we were healthy, we spent time with beloved family. I feel so very, very blessed. Until next time!


No comments: