Friday, September 04, 2015

The first week of September

School starts late this year, which is perfect!

Sept 1st - I really wanted to go to Scholar's Choice and there's one at Bayview and 7.  I really wanted new fadeless paper to put up on my bulletin boards, a new dry erase calendar, and maybe some new posters, or something.  I picked up some orange paper which should be bright and fun, we had lunch at Subway, and then we went to visit the Grandparents.  The girls had a spa treatment from Grandma, it was pretty cute.  

Sept 2nd - I needed to go to school today, and I needed to go to the doctor today.  I wanted to make sure that I got my doctor note so that I could be a duty parent -  at least once this year, and today seemed like it might be the only time to do it!  Fiona wanted to come with me, and I just didn't have the heart to say no, so she came.  We saw Dr. Nauth, went to the dollar store, and then eventually made our way to Blue Willow.  Kate and Alice stayed home with Ken - originally I was going to bring all of them, but I'm glad the older two girls didn't want to come.  They watched movies at home and Ken was able to work.  Fiona and I had fun.  It was good just being in my classroom, seeing the space, thinking about things.  After finishing up we went home, and then went up to Alliston, had dinner at Shoeless Joes and then went to the awesome new park in the Treetops subdivision.  SO FUN!











Sept 3rd - Today was a had to day.  It was officially a P.A. day and I had to go to school.  There are never enough hours in the day as a parent, or as a teacher.  I didn't stop all day, and I could have stayed way longer.  My room is mostly ready, and considering that most of the first day I'll be on prep, it's all good.

Sept 4th - Bus safety day!  Ann Marie - Macayla's Mom and I made plans way back in June to attend the bus safety presentation at Alliston Union Public School.  There was a video, then some practice.  We walked on the bus, went for a ride, and then walked off.  Kate and Macayla were great, they're going to be great.  They are both so ready for this new program and new challenge!  After the bus we went to the little park beside the school.  Then it was over to Zehrs to pick up my glasses - YAY, and then to the shoe outlet to get shoes.  Then it was home, and later off to Newmarket to get the last pair of shoes.  So much back to school shopping!




No comments: