Thursday, September 24, 2015

Dancing Toes

Fiona was there at the beginning, a little baby, watching her sisters dance.  As she grew, she joined in here and there.  The last session, I couldn't stop her.  Well, I could have stopped her, but I think that would have been worse.  Sweet Miss Andrea let her join in at times. And now, Miss Fiona is a member of the class!  Last year I had moved Alice up to Kate's age group in ballet, thinking that it might be a better fit.  It wasn't.  It wasn't terrible, but Alice missed the freedom and loose structure of the kinder ballet.  Kate decided that she was over ballet completely and was dying to move up to mix-it up dance.  I've blogged about all of this before, but wanted to outline who was doing what.  The ballet class is set up 2-3, and 4-6.  Mix-it-up 6 and up.  Dancing Toes however is for 2-4, and is the preschool version of Mix-it-up dance.  Alice was thrilled at the thought of being in a class with Fiona.  Kate was happy to keep going to Mix-it-up dance.  I'm not sure when or if we'll move to a studio.  The girls are still enjoying Miss Andrea.  There are no costumes, no final production and no year long commitment, for now, it works.

The girls had their first class tonight, and it was great.  We won't go see Kate until the final class.  Fiona was so excited to put on her ballet clothes!  It was so cute!








No comments: