We've been asked recently (as a church - all of us LDS type people) to work on keeping the Sabbath day holy. I've been thinking about what the Sabbath day means to me, what I want it to mean to my children. I decided before school started that I don't want to do school work on a Sunday. I really hope I can keep this up. I've always done school work on a Sunday, but I really don't want to this year.
Yesterday and today I've been thinking about what I can do with the girls. I was thinking yesterday about our extended all across the continent family and thought letter writing might be fun. Today the girls chose their Bates cousins and we made cards and pictures for them. We all had fun writing little notes and drawing pictures. It went well today. We'll see if we can make it through all of the families...
At church today Ken was set apart as the second counselor in the Stake Sunday School presidency. He's still going to do nursery - at least for the end of this year. After church I got Kate to take a picture of me with my new glasses. Oh and I took cute pictures of Fiona and Kate. Too bad Alice wasn't up for it!
Ken had a nap this afternoon, I did some more blogging. The girls played. Ken made yummy grilled cheese sandwiches and delicious pumpkin curry soup for dinner. It was pretty peaceful and great. Here's to another week. I'm so thankful to be a wife and a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment