I think about this day, in the weeks before it happens. I think, in a few weeks it will be the day before school and summer will be over, and here we are. I had all these grand plans for this weekend. I did get a little more work done, and a little more organization done, and a few more blog posts done. I can't think about all the things I didn't finish because I'll drive myself insane. There will always be things to clean, things to organize, more work to do, always.
I'm not sure what I'm feeling tonight. Some excitement, some dread, some happiness, some sadness. And then Fiona peeps and it brings it all back. I wanted to write though about the Father's blessings. We had a brief Family Home Evening tonight and Ken gave all the girls - including me a back to school blessing. It was special.
Kate was blessed:
With strength and endurance, to face the challenges and be strong. To not be discouraged, to think about her goals. She was blessed to get along well with her classmates and find lasting friendships and to find ways to help her classmates when she could.
Alice was blessed:
To be able to communicate her needs, to take care of others, to be calm at all times. She was blessed to be nice, to be respectful and to keep good perspective. She was blessed to learn quickly, and to learn to better interact with those around her.
Fiona was blessed:
To learn quickly, to understand, to be cooperative, to be cheerful, to deal well with being apart from her Mom and family. She was blessed to cheer up everyone around her. She was blessed to be healthy and strong.
Me
I was blessed with peace. That's the thing that stays with me. That and that I would have a great influence on the kids around me at school - something like that. The girls started miss-behaving and it didn't quite flow and I don't quite remember...
In any case, I hope that it's a great year! I really do. I will do what I can to make it so. I love my life, I need to remember how blessed I am.

1 comment:
wonderful blessings for all of you, happy times
Post a Comment