Saturday, September 05, 2015

The Count Down is ON! (With a Zoo Trip)

Saturday.  Sunday.  Monday.  Then it all ends or begins, or both.  Earlier in the week and last week I thought I wanted to go away this weekend - mostly just Friday/Saturday.  But then I was feeling like there were too many things to do around the house, school planning pretty high up on the list.  We still wanted to have an outing today so we went to the zoo.  It's the first time that I chose not to bring my good camera. 

















It was also the first time we took the three girls into the splash pad.  I chose to bring a change of clothes instead of bathing suits.  I'm not sure if this was the right or wrong thing to do, but it's what we did.  It was really, really hot today. 

Thinking that school starts on Tuesday is just weird.  Weird. Where did the summer go?!  Kate's going to French Immersion up in Alliston, the next day is Fiona's first day of Pre-school and then Alice starts Junior Kindergarten on Thursday.  Life just keeps moving forward.  Life is good, great even.  I do love my life, my family, my career.  It isn't what I imagined.  I never imagined I would work outside the home when my kids were young.  But life is good. 

I am excited about first day of school pictures and hearing about teachers and classmates.  I'm excited for the start, the newness, the freshness.  I just hope I have the energy to keep moving forward after the excitement wanes. 

No comments: