Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mornings and Afternoons

Sometimes...  sometimes mornings are ridiculous.  Kate was late again today, she was defiant and rude.  I was starting to lose my temper.  It wasn't pretty.  I decided instead of driving the already quite late Kate to school we'd walk.  The field is just a little muddy.  We said a prayer together just before this picture was taken - we hadn't said morning prayers yet.  For a brief moment I didn't feel like a complete failure.
After we dropped off Kate, Alice asked to walk past the park.  Alice and Fiona were only wearing thin coats, and I didn't really want to go, but I said yes.  We stayed for a little bit, and then continued home.  I was still feeling a little down - the walk and prayer did help, but returning to a messy house with a grumpy Fiona wasn't the most fun. 

Fast forward to this afternoon.  Fiona went to sleep early and Alice wanted to watch a show by herself on the laptop, so I had some lovely chill and create time.  Last night Kate wanted a superhero cape, and then Alice wanted one too. 

This morning I felt like the worst Mom in the world.  This afternoon, I was the Mom of two cute little superheros.

Meet Lightning Storm...

 and Rainbow Flower!

1 comment:

Hannah Richins said...

For what it's worth, I think you are a wonderful mom! Those capes are adorable--and so are those little super heroes :)