I was the duty Mom today. I should check the calendar to be accurate, but I'm not going to. I think this was my third duty Mom day this school year, but I'm not sure. Tottenham Co-operative Preschool is a parent run, non-profit co-operative. Lots is expected of the parents. We do some of it. We make playdough, we do fundraising that we can - which isn't much. I feel a little guilty about that, but just a little. I brought my cell phone and I was planning on taking pictures of Alice with her teachers and one of her and me. Well, one out of three isn't bad is it?
Before the school year is over, I must get a pic of Alice with her teachers! We did happen to pick up her class pictures today - which were taken on February 25th, so that's fun. Alice looks so lovely. The photographer was great to watch. They did the photos on a Tuesday and a Wednesday, neither of which are school days for Alice. The parents of kids not in class that day, brought their child, then left as soon as the pictures were done. The photographer - Phil Steingard really performed to get the kids to smile. I am just so pleased with Alice's picture.
The class picture is another matter, but hey, you can't win everything!
Mom was supposed to come up and watch Fiona today, but she's had a bad cough all week and didn't feel up to it. Being a duty Mom is fun, but it's a pain, well, not that Fiona is a pain, but having to arrange care for her, that's a pain. Today Ken watched her. They had a fun morning together.
Alice had fun! As duty parent I have cleaning duties, snack preparation duties, and supervising duties. I had to clean the kitchen, we brought honey dew melon, Easter cookies, yogurt tubes, and apple juice for snack, and I had to stand at the top of the play structure monitoring the slide. As well I did get to play with Alice a little, and sit with her on the carpet a little. Alice got to turn off the lights, be the leader of the line, carry the bag and count everyone in the bathroom. Alice really does love preschool. Mrs. Jandl and Mrs. Apps are wonderful women that run a wonderful program!



No comments:
Post a Comment